The Wyoming State Treasurer’s Office has one (1) job opening for the position of Investment Analyst at its office in Cheyenne, WY (Herschler Building East, 122 West 25th St., Suite E300, Cheyenne, WY 82002). Position is full-time, year around.
- Design, build, and implement computational investment models, including trading strategies based on machine learning, as needed to support and inform the investment process;
- Work with the Chief Investment Officer to develop plan of action for investment and, once developed, to implement Treasurer’s Office Investment Policy;
- Evaluate and compare the relative quality of a wide range of investments and gauge their performance, to inform investment decisions and recommend investments and investment timing;
- Work with the Chief Investment Officer and consultants to perform research and analysis that supports the process of vetting prospective external fund managers, and to facilitate the Chief Investment Officer’s evaluation of current external fund manager performance, and inform contractor termination/renewal decisions by the State Loan and Investment Board;
- Assist the Chief Investment Officer in preparing for and delivering presentations to various parties, including legislative committees and the State Loan and Investment Board;
- Identify overall and portfolio-specific risk, developing strategies to monitor and control risk;
- Review reports from portfolio managers, facilitate effective communication with portfolio managers, and ensure portfolio manager compliance with the Treasurers Office Investment Policy; and
- Interpret a variety of research reports, assessing how data such as price, yield, stability, future investment-risk trends, economic influences, and other factors will affect investment programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Requires at least a Bachelors’ degree (or the foreign equivalent) in Finance or Economics (or a closely related field), plus at least two (2) years of post-baccalaureate work experience as an Investment Analyst or Economic Analyst (or closely related). Alternately, will accept at least a Masters’ degree (or foreign equivalent) in Finance or Economics (or a closely related field), plus no prior work experience.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Requires at least three (3) months of demonstrable education, training and/or experience (which may be gained during the degree program) with the following skills, tools, technologies, and/or applications of knowledge:
- Institutional investment and finance, including application of relevant statutes and banking operations, and fundamental analysis of financial markets.
- Valuation and risk analysis for different asset classes (equities, fixed income, alternative assets).
- Risk management, including quantitative financial modeling.
- Numerical and econometric methods.
- Developing large-scale numerical optimization models to study the economic impact of economic and financial variables, to perform portfolio and risk analysis, and to develop and implement investment strategies.
- Quantitative analysis of risk and return characteristics of a portfolio, including correlation, cointegration, mean-variance relationships, and other statistical relationships between stocks, bonds and currencies.
- Programming languages used for financial modeling (specifically, C++, Python, and Visual Basic (VBA) programming).
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel in context of economic or investment analysis.
ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND/OR REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION: Must be willing to pursue the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation (need not hold CFA or be qualified to sit for CFA exam at time of hire). Background check required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: EMPLOYER WILL ACCEPT ANY SUITABLE COMBINATION OF EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
004-State Treasurer’s Office – Financial Accounting Division. Position Classification AWIN01. Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm
TO APPLY: Email resume to Deebs Sullivan, HR Manager (Stofirstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line: “Investment Analyst Job.” Or apply in-person at nearest One-Stop (5221 Yellowstone Rd. Cheyenne, WY 82009), referencing Job Order #2742160. Employer contact is Deebs Sullivan, HR Manager ((307) 777-2417, Stoemail@example.com